Course Credit: 3 hours
This course is approved in the following locations:
Alaska, California: Contra Costa County, Humboldt County, Nevada County, Los Angeles County, San Diego County, Santa Clara County, Stanislaus County, Ventura County
This timed 2 hour online course introduces health and safety standards in the workplace for body art professionals. This course is here to help artists like you learn everything you can about infection control, from basic handwashing to creating an effective Infection Prevention and Control Plan (IPCP). Our wish is that it not only aids you with complying with regulations and being safe, but that it also teaches you how and why each practice works.
Topics covered in this course:
- OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Infections and how disease is spread through the chain of infection
- Common infections and Bloodborne pathogen diseases to be aware of
- What should be done with an infection
- Practicing asepsis
- How to set-up your workplace for your client and your tools
- Preventing cross contamination, how to protect yourself and your client
- Exposure control
- How to clean up after a procedure using proper decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization
- Sharps disposal
- Help yourself pass inspections, keep an attractive workspace, and build confidence in your customers
- Samples of important documents
Pictures, forms, video, and more will be used to enhance your understanding of Bloodborne Pathogens. Keep in mind that the forms are written for California state regulations on body art, therefore be sure to modify or create your own to fit your needs. At the end of each section there is a quiz, if you pass them all you will be able to view and print your certificate for your Bloodborne Pathogens Certification.
Because education is an intangible object and cannot be returned, there will be no refunds after a payment for a class has been completed. Please be sure to preview the sample of the course and review the course description before paying your class. Thank you!
***When creating your account, please use your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate***
Setup, Tear Down, and PPE
Best practices for setting up a body art workstation, personal protective equipment, and tear down procedures
Detailed descriptions, video, and more to support the backbone of good infection control
Learn proper handling, labeling, and disposal
Hi, I’m Irene Kennerley
I'm the author of Infection Control for Body Art, the leading bloodborne pathogens resource for body artists in California and around the world. My book is designed to be easy for you to understand and digest quickly, while keeping the principles of infection control in the front of your mind.